Apeti/Apetamin Cyproheptadine Lysine and Vitamins Syrup works to boost your appetite for natural, healthy weight gain. This vitamin syrup works by increasing your appetite to help you gain weight in the most natural way. No steroids, fat or muscle building stimulants. Just an aid to help you gain weight the natural way.
Cyproheptadine syrup is used for:
Treating symptoms of allergic reactions (eg, caused by seasonal allergies, food, blood or plasma). It is also used to treat mild, uncomplicated hives. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cyproheptadine syrup is an antihistamine. It works by blocking the action of histamine to reduce allergy symptoms.
Do NOT use cyproheptadine syrup if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in cyproheptadine syrup
- you are breast-feeding
- the patient is a newborn baby or premature infant
- you are elderly and in poor health
- you have narrow-angle glaucoma; a peptic ulcer; an enlarged prostate; or a bladder, stomach, or bowel blockage
- you are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine) or you have taken an MAOI within the last 14 days
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you
How to use cyproheptadine syrup:
Use cyproheptadine syrup as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take cyproheptadine syrup by mouth with or without food.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of cyproheptadine syrup, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use cyproheptadine syrup.